We advise public and private corporations, individuals and other commercial entities in connection with acquisitions, divestitures, hostile and friendly take-over bids, mergers, plans of arrangement and other acquisition and change-of-control related transactions.
Select major mergers and acquisitions transactions include acting as counsel for:
- Gold Royalty Corp. C$374,000,000 Acquisition of Abitibi Royalties Inc. and Golden Valley Mines and Royalties Ltd.
- Conifex Timber Inc. US$215,000,000 Acquisition of the Suwannee sawmill in Cross City, Florida and the Caddo River sawmill in Glenwood Arkansas for cash and shares
- British Columbia Lottery Corporation C$800,000,000 Acquisition by New World Gaming Partners Ltd. of Gateway Casinos Income Fund
- Pacifica Papers Inc. C$1,000,000,000 Merger by way of a plan of arrangement with Norske Skog Canada Limited
- Mercer International Inc. €270,000,000 Acquisition of Hotzindustrie Torgau
- Terra Nova Royalty Corporation US$220,000,000 Tender offer for all the outstanding shares of Mass Financial Corp.
- Hillsborough Resources Limited C$38,000,000 Acquisition by Vitol Anker B.V. by way of a plan of arrangement
- Pacifica Paper Limited Partnership C$850,000,000 Acquisition of the paper business of MacMillan Bloedel Limited
- A Forest Products Company US$144,000,000 Acquisition of sawmills and Crown tenures from Pacific Forest Products Limited
- MFC Bancorp Ltd. C$27,000,000 Acquisition of Lehman Brothers Bank (Switzerland)
- Gold Royalty Corp. C$262,000,000 Acquisition of all of the outstanding shares of Ely Gold Royalties Inc. by way of plan of arrangement